OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
SOFARI GB, TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR YOUR ORDERS
Our contract with you
These terms relate to orders made online or by phone.
The contract made by you with us incorporates these terms and conditions, which shall prevail over any and all terms and conditions proposed by you.
You should not proceed with your order until you have read and agreed to these terms and conditions.
- Product Specification
- We and our suppliers have a policy of continuous product development and reserve the right to amend the specifications of any goods or products without prior notice in relation to future sales. This includes adjustments to sizes or ornamental detailing on individual items purchased. Please email or call no less than two working days prior to delivery to check exact sizes or potential ornamental changes as on occasions minor adjustments may have been made by our supplier.
- Products supplied may differ as a consequence from those on display or advertised. Unless agreed with you, the products supplied will be of equivalent value, functionality and appearance.
- All our furniture is made from natural wood and accordingly appearances may vary. Some woods will mellow with age and exposure to sunlight. When you are purchasing our furniture you are buying pieces where varying degrees of distressing is generally applied. This is very much intended and makes each piece totally individual as designed by the manufacturers. We sell only genuine rustic designs with varying degrees of distressing from piece to piece; this may involve wood splits, wood filling, knots, purpose distress/scratch marks, antiquing etc. Certain degrees of filler will be used on our oak and mango furniture. This is common and part of the manufacturing process. Please note that our mango items are usually of a very rustic nature and a heavy distressing is usually applied. This may appear as a dulling or rubbing effect to the waxed finish. Knotty and grainy woods are used; this is as intended by the supplier.
- Leather products are made from quality natural leather and accordingly they may not be uniform in colour or texture and may exhibit traces of natural markings such as scars and bites. All of our 100% leather products conform to BS EN2870.
- Every effort is made to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on our website and in other promotional materials. We cannot guarantee however the complete accuracy of the pictures or photographs that are shown. Many conditions such as your monitor or screen settings and batching can affect the colouring of items in a picture.
- From time to time we have a specifically marked section of our website marked as clearance ranges. When you purchase items from a clearance/discontinued range please note that this stock is new and boxed. The items are from a discontinued range and as such are being sold as unused seconds. These items have been excessively handled so may have knocks, scratches or other defects due to being over handled. The sale price takes this into consideration.
- Most of our products do not require any home assembly, however on occasions, to aid in delivery or to avoid damage, our designers have deemed it best that certain items will need a small amount of home assembly. This includes all dining tables and beds and some wardrobes, occasional tables and sofa products. Any handles e.g. for drawers and wardrobe doors may be on the inside of the drawers and doors. Items needing home assembly will be clearly identified in the individual item description on our website. Our designers ensure that any assembly is as straightforward as possible and that it in no way detracts from the quality or structural integrity of the product. We do not unbox any of your items or assemble any of your furniture. As our drivers operate to a strict timetable it is important that any other deliveries that day are met on time. Please note that we cannot facilitate the removal of any of your packaging. We cannot accept any liability for any extra costs incurred by you as a result of incorrect or incomplete measurements or information supplied by you, or minor alterations made by the supplier. Please contact us at least 2 working days before your delivery date if a small change in size may deem the item unsuitable.
- Our solid hardwood furniture will require treating with wax immediately upon receipt. Ensure that you wax the whole item, not just the top and repeat every six months with natural wax polish. Please treat your furniture immediately on delivery as your item may have been in shipping for some time and modern home heating will accelerate the drying process. Failure to treat your wood furniture as instructed can result in problems that will not be covered by your warranty.
- On rare occasions, due to extreme climate changes in shipping you may find slight swelling on doors or drawers, making them stiff to open. You should not return or refuse the item if this is the case as usually this will rectify itself within a week once the timbers adjust to their new environment and heating conditions. You may also find that simply swapping the drawers will remedy this. However on rare occasions the timber movement may not settle and you may need to sand or shave a small amount from a drawer or door, if so please shave from the bottom of the drawer front or from the side of the door as this will not be noticeable and will not invalidate your warranty. A simple touch of furniture wax will then protect any adjustments made. Please be aware that you are purchasing natural timber products where slight timber movement in shipping is a possibility. Stiff drawers or doors will not be deemed as faulty or defective. This means you are purchasing our furniture on the understanding that any necessary simple adjustments need to be undertaken by you at your expense. If you do not wish to undertake any adjustments needed and wish to return the item we will of course offer a refund under our 14 day money back guarantee.
- We always try to be as accurate as possible, however measurements specified by us are always approximate. No two products of ours will ever be identical. Please contact us no less than 2 working days prior to delivery if minor changes to dimensions are going to be a problem.
- All prices include VAT, where appropriate, at the prevailing rate and are subject to any promotional offer or discount.
- The prices displayed on the website are for online purchases and promotions only and are not transferable to sales through any other means. Prices relating to any online promotion are valid strictly until midnight on the day on which the promotion expires, as determined by us.
- We will not be bound to honour any prices, where we have indicated to you subsequently that the prices displayed have been displayed in error. In these cases a full refund will be offered.
- Our pricing policy can be found in store and on our pricing policy page.
- You can pay by cash, credit, charge or debit card at the time of order. The price of any product is the price in place at the date and time of your order. You undertake that all details you provide to us for the purpose of purchasing products which may be offered by us on our website or in our stores, will be correct; that the credit, charge or debit card which you use is your own and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of any products. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your credit, charge or debit card details before accepting your order.
- Payment will be taken in full at the time of the order.
- The contract shall not have been concluded until we have completed all of the following steps: we have received your valid, credit, charge or debit card payment details, we have accepted your order and sent you confirmation of receipt of your order by return email to the address you have given us during the registration procedure and we have dispatched the goods to you.
- We are entitled to refuse any order placed by you.
- We reserve the right to accept either a discount code or cashback.
- We reserve the right to cancel and refund any order, at any time.
- We are only able to deliver orders to you if you have a delivery address in the Costa Del Sol, Costa Blanca, Algarve, Portugal and certain regions of France. Delivery in certain postcodes could take longer. For our delivery service, the date suggested on your order confirmation is our initial estimated delivery date. We will be in touch to confirm the date.
- If you are unable to take delivery of your goods on the confirmed delivery date, you must inform us no less than five working days prior to allow another date to be booked. This is because our products begin their journey to you up to 5 days before the actual delivery date. In the event an agreeable delivery date cannot be arranged, your order will be expected to be collected from our warehouse.
- Any changes made to your order might impact the delivery date. We may be unable to deliver your goods on your confirmed delivery date should changes occur. If we are unable to deliver your entire order on the same day, we will deliver your order in instalments. We will not charge you for this, however, if this is at your request, we will charge you our standard delivery fees. Should you not be available at the time of delivery, you will be left a card with details on so that you can contact the Home Delivery Team and arrange re-delivery which will result in an additional delivery charge.
We would be grateful for you providing a safe means of access from the public highway to the place of delivery. If our Home Delivery Team consider the access unsafe, we might not deliver the goods until safe access is provided. Redelivery, cancellation or return fees might apply.
- If we accidentally damage goods in the course of delivery, our liability for that damage is limited to the repair, replacement or refund of the goods delivered or the value thereof. We do not pay compensation beyond these limits. Time of delivery is not covered in these Terms & Conditions. We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through any reasonable delay due to unforeseen circumstances.
- In the unlikely event that there is an issue with your goods on arrival, our Customer Service Team will help to resolve the matter for you as quickly as possible.
- If you choose to have your goods delivered to your own third-party carrier, we will not accept any responsibility or liability for any damage to your goods once they are out of our control. Any forwarding delivery is at your own risk.
The items will generally be delivered via a 3.5 tonne vehicle, so please be sure your property is accessible for this size of vehicle. If we are unable to deliver the goods due to there being no safe means of access, we reserve the right to cancel the delivery and request you to collect your order.
- For orders containing multiple items, the initial estimated delivery date will be assigned according to the longest lead time. If multiple orders are placed for the same delivery address, these will be grouped and the estimated delivery date will again be chosen according to the longest lead time.
- Returns, refunds and your right to cancel
- You have the right to cancel your order within 14 days. You must contact us within 14 days of delivery with your intention to return the item. If you wish to return the goods within the 14 days, please take reasonable care as we only accept returns in the original packaging. We request that if you open the box to examine the product please do so without damaging the box and packaging or damaging the product in any way. Items returned under our 7 day money back guarantee (14 days for online or telephone orders) will be subject to return fees, or you may return them at your own cost to our Malaga warehouse. Please do not return items without prior authorisation. Goods sent back without prior returns authorisation will be returned back to you and the cost of delivery charged to your account. Please take into account before purchasing our furniture that once the items are dispatched from our warehouses, returns charges will apply. Please note our made to order sofa's and mattresses are non returnable.
- After this 7 day period (or 14 days if purchased online or by phone) has expired we do not accept returns of any items purchased unless faulty.
- Subject to your statutory rights, products made or altered specifically for you, may not be returned.
- If we deliver incorrect or damaged goods, or in the event that you discover any defect in the goods for which you require assistance, you must report the defect within 2 working days of receiving them. In unusual circumstances we may allow this to be extended to 7 days but please be aware that failure to report shortages or damaged items within 7 days is deemed by us as unreasonable, therefore please inspect all items within 2 days to avoid debates at a later date. Please keep the products purchased in a saleable condition and retain the original packaging in the condition it was provided. Should it be deemed impractical to offer a replacement, redelivery or re-selection of any damaged or faulty items we reserve the right to offer an allowance against a repair, or alternatively a refund for your purchase. Any non-faulty items returned will always be returned at your expense.
- We will not be liable for any damage or loss resulting from repairs attempted by you or third parties.
- All items of furniture are purchased as individual items and as such we will only refund/or replace any items which are defective or damaged. You are not entitled to reject other items purchased together with the damage or defective items. In the event that replacement items are not available we will refund you the purchase price or offer a similar item from another range which we believe complements the other items you have purchased. Should you have a faulty product from a range no longer available this will not entitle any other non-faulty items to be returned. Please note our made to order sofa's and mattresses are non returnable.
- Where an alternative carrier service is used by yourself to collect from us and paid for by you - the delivery charge will not form part of your refund should your item be be classed as a manufacturing fault or be rejected under the 14 day money back guarantee. Damaged goods by an alternative outside carrier service are not our responsibility.
Returns and Refund Enquiries:Please note if any items are damaged or faulty please call us or email us, within 2 days of delivery to report this matter. So that we can better understand the issue you are experiencing, it is important that we see digital images of the affected item and another of the white Quality Control S/C product label.
Refunds: Full refund of the cost of the goods is wholly conditional upon the above conditions being met and the refund will be authorised only after a full inspection of the goods by our Returns Department to check for completeness and correct product return. You will be refunded the full invoice amount, less cost of return and/or cancellation or return fees if applicable. If you are unable, for whatever reason, to facilitate collection of your goods on the confirmed date arranged, you must inform us at least 2 working days prior to the original agreed collection date so that another date can be booked. If, through no fault of our own, we cannot gain access on the date agreed, redelivery, return or cancellation fees will apply.
- Any refunds made to you whether in respect of our 14 day money back guarantee, delayed, defected item or otherwise will be subject to first having either enabled us to collect the item(s) or you returning the item(s).
- Guarantees and claims under guarantee
- The provisions of this clause 7 and clause 8 apply in addition to your statutory consumer rights in relation to faulty or incorrectly-described products. These rights are not affected by the guarantee.
- The guarantor is Sofari GB.
- We guarantee all products against faulty workmanship and/or faulty materials for a period of 12 months from the actual date of delivery. In all cases we reserve the right to inspect the product and verify the fault.
- These guarantees do not cover fair wear and tear and natural characteristics of wooden products including movement in wooden products; neglect; abuse or misuse of your goods in failing to follow correct care procedures as outlined in this Owner's Manual, including the oiling and waxing of furniture; loss or damage due to fire, smoke, water, lightning, sunlight, weather, rusting, corrosion, theft or explosion; accidental damage or loss or damage caused by a third party.
- We will arrange to repair a defective item free of charge. Alternatively, at our sole discretion, an allowance may be made for you to arrange a local repair. We reserve the right to offer a full refund if a repair is not accepted by you. If a repair is not possible or practical, we will offer you, at our discretion, a replacement or a full refund. Should a replacement no longer be available or circumstances determined by us make a replacement impractical, it may be replaced with a part that closely matches it. We reserve the right to send out an independent third party Furniture Specialist to repair furniture where a customer claims there is a merchandise issue. The Specialists are experts in their field and are sent to determine the nature of any issues. We reserve the right for the Specialist to repair the item being inspected. In all cases this is to help resolve a merchandise issue to leave you with goods that are fit for purpose.
- If a refund is given under the terms of the 12 month guarantee, we reserve the right to deduct from the refund a reasonable amount in line with the amount of use you have had from the product, prior to reporting the fault.
- Site content and disclaimers
- Every effort is made to ensure the complete accuracy of our website, however some prices/details contained on the website may change from time to time and it is possible that errors will occur. We will use our best endeavours to rectify any errors, as swiftly as possible but we cannot be responsible for any losses incurred.
- To the maximum extent permissible by law, we exclude all warranties, express or implied as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on our website. We cannot accept liability for any particular material on the website or as a result of any use of or reliance placed upon the information contained on it.
- Our website is owned and operated by Forest Tec Ltd T/A Sofari GB
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of our website is done at your own discretion and risk and on the understanding that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your own computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
- Data protection
- Sofari GB is a registered Data Controller in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 ("The Act").
- We process your personal data in accordance with The Act.
- Applicable law
- We control and operate our website a from our offices In the UK Accordingly the laws of UK govern claims relating to them, including the use of our website and the materials contained therein. If you choose to access our website from outside Europe you do so on your own initiative and you hereby agree that in the event of a dispute.